My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.cliochiang.com.
Thank you!

6.06.2008

Pandaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh man, I can't wait to see this movie tonight!!  Here's some fanart already.  Actually, it was my test for a Leapfrog book that is probably out right about now... at your local Toys R' Us, apparently!  My parents and I had tried to look for it in Chapters but they don't carry Leapfrog books.  Before knowing this my dad picked the ugliest, most garish Panda spin-off he could find and said (not even kidding), "Hey look I found your book!"  Mom replied, "That's not it!"  Thanks for actually trying, mom!!  In any case, the test image is definitely more inspired than the actual cover.  *cough*  A friend and I saw some of this in storyboard form when we visited Dreamworks, and I'm really looking forward to how it turned out.  The boards were effin' amazing, too.  Can't wait!!

10 comments:

Dan Yu said...

looks great clio! i can't wait to see the movie as well. i already bought the art of book.

Chris Battle said...

Now I'm hungry for dumplings.

Megan Ferguson said...

great energy and composition - im excited to see the movie this weekend , the acting looks great !altough stupid chapters didnt have the art of book for me - sigh - i dreamed of it that night.

this pic is becomeing my new work computer bg :D inspiration !

C.B. Canga said...

nice job. you nailed the look of the characters.

kadianimate said...

THIS MOVIE AMAZED ME.

OMG.

I am drawing a billion things now that i wasn't before. THANK YOU KUNG FU PANDA FOR BEING AMAZINGLY GOOD.

We went as a HUGE ANIMATION GROUP at Metrotown. It was SUPAH FUN.

Howard Shum said...

Cool drawing! I dug the movie too.

Zorilita said...

Very awesome illustration!

jonathan said...

i saw this movie last night. so damn good.

tiffannysketchbook said...

this illustration looks great! what talent!

Ven said...

Awesome illo!

Can't wait to see the movie!