My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.cliochiang.com.
Thank you!

3.02.2008

Post #99!



^This was drawn awhile ago, but I completely messed up the watercolour painting. 



Man, I have had so many anxiety attacks lately, for no good reason, really.  It doesn't help that my bag was stolen on Saturday, along with a handful of IDs to replace.  Some hobo sitting across from me swiped my bag from underneath the table at the library; I completely didn't notice until later on (but noticed his smell).  Later on this gung-ho security guard tried to find him with me but was unsuccessful.  I went back upstairs and found him and tailed the guy, hoping that he'd pull my bag out of the two giant ones he was carrying so I could potentially make a citizen's arrest!  No luck, he just sat around scratching his shins.  The guard bumped into me in the elevator and told me someone found my bag stuffed in amongst the manga section!  Of course my wallet and kitty coin purse from Japan were gone.  I had to sneak a ride home on the skytrain (I had JUST bought this month's bus pass too), and the one time I didn't have my pass the train was crawling with cops.  Good thing they were too busy nosing some guy who was trying to haul giant boxes onto public transit.  Meh, enjoy your $35 worth of crack!  I think I'm ready hole myself up to work on a graphic novel.

15 comments:

Alan said...

Oh Clio! That totally sucks. You should get an extra dose of good good karma for that terrible Sat.

Drawings are hot. I love the 2nd one down.

Justin said...

:( Hope you feel better!

kadianimate said...

I love the poof!

Ugh. That's terrible about the library; i'm surprised that doesn't happen to me when i go in there, as i am prone to forgetting my stuff around libraries....

*easy target*

Anne-arky said...

Ugh! That sucks. Being robbed sucks. I like your new sketches though!

Hope you feel better soon...

Jav said...

AARGH...
your drawings are sooo nice... real great stuff... I'm jealous.
Its always a treat to stop by.

Sorry about your recent misadventures.

Stuart Livingston said...

Oh my gosh what a crazy day that must have been - but maybe that's like a true initiation. Like you know you're a part of the big city now! :)

Dik Pose said...

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Go treat yourself to something good.

Howard Shum said...

That sucks about the bum.

Nice drawings though!

Alina Chau said...

AWESOME illos, love all these new drawings and character design you have. Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Wynne Chen said...

I liked ur new stuffs:)
sorry about ur lost! replace all the IDs will be a pain. What a crazy day~

Tony Merrithew said...

I'm not laughing at the story but it was well described. I feel your pain though.

Chris Battle said...

I think that lacy lady's incredible! Please finish her someday :)

Justin said...

Beautiful work Clio! I love all of these especially the girl with the white hair and pink backdrop, and the saloon girl above her:)
-JC

Jamie S. Rich said...

Wow. I love, love that first drawing.

LaurenRaye said...

mmm... I concur with the lacy lady drawing. I actually wore that costume (one EXTREMELY like it) in my university's production of As You Like It. I was Celia.