My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.cliochiang.com.
Thank you!

2.13.2006

Random


Sorry long time no post! I didn't get to do all the things I needed to this weekend, bah. Anyway, here's one of several storm-ish drawings I did that day we had a freak wind storm. I ripped the sky design off a Takao Tanabe painting exhibiting at the VAG here.... at least I think it was a sky. Very inspiring stuff. I have a huge soft spot for abstract expressionism. Some little inkling from fine arts sunk in and festered.


This moleskine paper takes gouache super well! Re-DEEMED! The painted two are characters from the same thing all those pirates are from.

This one, too. Haven't finished it yet. Imagine stripey wallpaper on the wall behind the anchor and you're good to go. I don't think I re-drew the guy very well. That's him with his daughter, who is always sick.

12 comments:

Christophe said...

Great colours and characters in these sketches ! (as usual.... ;->)

geenpool said...

you are good with the paints there lil' lady...keep it ups.

martin wittig said...

nice work as always Clio!

Kean said...

Yeah, these are great. By the by, are you using the regular or sketchbook moleskine for the gouache?

Clio said...

Thanks guys!

Kean - that's the sketchbook moleskine. I heard the regular one was more water-friendly....? I might try that out, too. Only acrylics and gouache are going to stick to this paper any - watercolours don't have much binders.

Michael said...

Year after year of looking at your gorgeous work, and I never tire of it Clio!

Danarchy said...

Wow, awesome, im lovin it

Alina Chau said...

these are beautiful!! Very appealing!!

Nick Dellhall said...

*yay update!*

francis said...

Nice gouache sketches. Yea traditional media, what a hassle. I have used mystery gunky stuff in my years old palette on xerox paper, and it looks about as good as my hundred dollar paints on fancy schmancy watercolor paper. That's why I kinda like the digital...

Anyway keep up the good work.

Brian Growe said...

wow, you have such a great variety of styles! I love the drawing of the sick kid. You can tell he loves his daughter very much because of all the care he put into her room

potato farm girl said...

Great colors! I agree with the last pic, all the illustrations on the bed are a nice touch.